Thursday, November 18, 2010

Friday Nights


Friday night mayhem

So I have recently discovered my love for having Saturday mornings off of work. Why? Because then I get to party with my suite mate until 3 am! I felt like an official college student. After dinner with my aunt and her friend, I came back to my dorm thinking I would knock out some homework, false. I instead watched the village, then went for a random adventure to see the house Disturbia was filmed at (second time visiting, I think we have an obsession here) and then she took me to the sketchy yet fantastic Jax Donuts. There were a couple things fishy about the donut shop, 1 its spelt Jax not Jacks…2 there were like 50 cars in the parking lot where all the stores were closed and you cannot sit inside at Jax it’s just a side window after a certain amount of time. But it was well worth my 70 cents for a 24 hour donut place! I mean check out this donut! After our adventure, we decided we wanted to make a double feature movie. So after the Village, we watched Atonement…oddest combination of movies we know.

The case of the battery light…

So as some of you know when it comes to automotive knowledge, I know nothing. Well for whatever reason my light for my battery kept deciding to go on, and then turn off. So indecisive. I thought that it was the battery and instantly blamed checker auto for selling me a defective battery, because that would be just my luck. After a few days of it going on and off, I decided it was time to get a boys opinion. Turns out, my guy friends that I thought knew all about cars, they know who they are…, only know how to drive them and look at the beautiful ones... not helpful in my time of need. Then I found out my new Oklahoma friend knows all about tractors and cars. After my warning of Evan being anything but a tractor, he concluded that my Evan’s alternator could possibly need a band aid (or some technical term that went in one ear and out the other). So I then take it to AutoZone after work…side note I was singing “get in the zone...autozone” commercial during my entire shift. What happens? Of course I get some man that thinks I am crazy because the light of COURSE wasn’t on when I was explaining my unfortunate situation. After running tests, he told me Evan was healthy and running like a champ…thanks Evan you made me look like a ditzy auto challenged crazy person. But hey at least my battery light isn’t on for now…lesson of the experience, never visit that AutoZone again…and always take a guy. What was really wrong? The alternator…lame AutoZone people

Roommate quote of the week:

As she turned out the light, “AH! Its super dark! Oh wait, my eyes are closed” - - LOVE it!

Video of the week:

This blog was short and old, sorry Breann and Bethany, been busy with papers! i am going to Disney land and Hollywood this weekend...prepare for some awesomeness =)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't find it boring, I found it informative and captivating. I would totally freak out over that house, not only is it in a movie and famous, its gorgeous! I would totally live their if my next door neighbors didn't weren't killers. Anywho, I can relate to the autozone situation. Whenever I walk into fedEx I never have any idea what to say/do so I end up standing by the door looking stupid until someone asks me if I need help, which 90% of the time they have an attitude with, like I should already help myself the the boxes and bubble wrap that they keep behind the counter. Now I go to UPS lol (this is bethany btw)

    ReplyDelete