Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happiest place on earth



A couple of weekends ago was parent’s weekend. I found it awesome that it really meant family weekend since my brother and I Are so cool and we moved to the same place [I didn’t copy him] I also felt pretty blessed because I was one of the only ones out of all of m y friends whose parents were not only coming to see me, but were also willing to drive 6 hours to see their favorite freckle faced child. Even though I had more homework than weekend than I could even handle, Friday afternoon I left my dorm not knowing that I was only going to be there for like 8 hours to sleep. My mom was so eager to see me, but who could really blame her- I am Jacqueline Christine Rice the first =) She couldn’t wait til six when my brother and I were originally coming over, so she had to come pick me up with my Dad. I didn’t disappoint them by keeping my pattern of taking 10 minutes longer to be ready than what time I said I would be. I got to the hotel with a bucket of goodies waiting for me, always a major score. Side note, my mom missed me so much, she smelt my hair, no worries I gave her a hard time for this creepy gesture air weekend. After some family bonding I got to spoil my mouth with actually good tasting food for the first time in a while [college kinds can’t afford P.F. Chang’s thank goodness for my parents and their love for that restaurant and spoiling their kids]. Then we hung out at their hotel for a while. I have to admit this was my favorite part (ok tied with Disneyland) of this weekend [insert mom’s tears here—I know you are reading this mom.]I was content just hanging out attempting to all fit on a king bed (you have seen how tall I am, so you have to imagine my brother isn’t smaller). It was fun just all being together again laughing at random things. The next day we went to Disneyland [Who has two thumbs and owns a Disneyland annual pass…THIS CHICK! What what!] Apparently we weren’t the only ones who thought that Disneyland on a Saturday was a good idea since apparently everyone and their mom was saying what up to Mickey and his friends. You would never know we were in a recession when you go to Disneyland on a random Saturday in October and see not only how many people can afford a 101 dollar park hopper pass each but also pointless souvenirs that are at least 20 bucks each and will most likely left on a ride in about 20 minutes. I love Disneyland though, so stoked to be able to go there whenever it tickles my fancy. Yes I am a 20 year old who is excited about Disneyland. Not only did I do that, I also stood in line to get a picture with woody. But I have a 4 toddler limit, which saddened me when I came across Buzz and there were at least 6 toddlers in line to take a picture with him, I have more pride than that. That weekend was a lot of fun. I am 98% sure than it was better than anyone else’s parent weekend. Just sayin =)

Tid bits of knowledge.

Drivers in Arizona slow down when it rains, California drivers speed up, and scare the bageezes out of me.

I can stay up til 130 am wake up at 730 and function normally very exciting

The cooking channel at the gym is not fair.

There is a Justin Timberlake doppelganger who goes to Biola, its my goal to meet him, in a non creepy way I promise

I am more like my dad than i admit, I notice these things when I get all into holidays, as in decorating a pumpkin

Two videos for your viewing pleasure, keep in mind, Justin is mine so don’t get too excited.






for those that already saw me post the last one on facebook..deal with it I LOVE it. Justin is so funny =)


Another tradition that I hold is taking "creeper" status pictures of my brother whenever we are in crowds, gives us something to do, and I think it makes him feel famous like i am paparazzi or something. Here are the two winners:

1 comment:

  1. YEAH for Disneyland!! And... I don't think it's weird your mom smelled your hair. People do that to me all the time... umm like former high school students... just saying :) LOVE YOU! And those creeper pics of your bro are solid.

    ReplyDelete